- Remove the obvious trash – if in doubt keep it and sort it later
- What bothers you the most – start there
- Create a to do list – sometimes while sorting it will trigger an outstanding task or project
- Don’t agonize – if you are not sure what to do with it – put it aside and keep going
- Put things away – keep the items you use daily closest to you
- Don’t get side tracked – organize only; don’t start working on tasks that you uncover
- Start on the future – write down your goals and keep them where you can see them.
- Look at the layout of the space – does it work for you?
Getting your office organized will help clear your mind so that you can start working on new projects/goals.
Don’t get discouraged- it takes time – sometimes days, weeks or even months!